by Erica N.
One of the most overlooked parts of most people’s preparations is spare parts for the equipment they plan to use in an emergency or a crisis. We all like to think we are covered when we have the actual items in our possession, but what if they break? What if the power source runs out? When you know you could have fixed the problem with a simple spare part, you will get pretty frustrated pretty fast.
Other items to keep on hand:
- Extra screws of all sizes
- Scrap Lumber to fix broken doors, frames, and windows
- Hitch pins, cotter pins, clevis pins, and lynchpins
- O-rings and rubber gaskets of all sizes
- Snap rings
- Wiring Kit (for autos) and/or an Electrical Repair Kit
- Light Bulbs for your flashlights and regular lights
- Sewing and Mending Kit
Like I said before, you might consider other spare parts essential for your preps. You might want to keep spare parts for:
- Your vehicle (bug-out or daily driver)
- Camper, ATVs, and boats
- Tractor or Semi (if you have one or more)
- Guns, Bows, and other weapons
- Water filtering systems
- Tillers, Snowblowers, Lawn Mowers, and other such equipment
- Log Splitters, Wood Chippers, Chainsaws, and Trimmers
- Wood stoves, Cookstoves, Grills, and other cookers
- Any other equipment you have that is not listed
About the Author
Erica writes about preparedness, homesteading, frugality, parenting, and life in general at her blog, Living Life in Rural Iowa. A mom of four who has survived divorce, poverty, kids going to college, and teenagers! Always keen to learn more about what she writes about. Someday will write a book!
Republished with permission The Organic Prepper
Please Spread the Word and Share This Post
Viewpoints expressed herein are of the article’s author(s), or of the person(s) or organization(s) quoted or linked therein, and do not necessarily represent those of True Conservative Pundit
Subscribe to my daily newsletter, and join hundreds of daily readers and receive news and relevant commentary
If you value what you see on True Conservative Pundit, please consider donating, any amount helps.
Daisy is a coffee-swigging, gun-toting, homeschooling blogger who writes about current events, preparedness, frugality, and the pursuit of liberty on her websites, The Organic Prepper and DaisyLuther.com She is the author of 4 books and the co-founder of Preppers University, where she teaches intensive preparedness courses in a live online classroom setting. You can follow her on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter,.