Today’s Democrat Party really is full of liberal fascists who would like nothing more than to control every aspect of the lives of the people. I know this because i’ve read the most recent draft of a bill being pushed through the New York state House and Senate.
Fellow patriots, please listen to this short, inspiring message from General Flynn. General Michael Flynn exemplifies patriotism, courage, and love of God and country - despite some of his own countrymen relentlessly attacking him. Donations for his defense are greatly appreciated. If you can only give $5.00, please do so - every little bit helps. Thank you so much, and God bless. Letter from General Flynn.
The bill is being called “the right to be forgotten act” but would be more aptly named “you can only write things on the internet that the government give you permission to write.” The bill “requires search engines, indexers, publishers and any other persons or entities which make available, on or through the internet or other widely used computer-based network, program or service, information about an individual to remove such information, upon the request of the individual, within thirty days of such request.”
- Within 30 days of a ”request from an individual,”
- “all search engines and online speakers] shall remove … content about such individual, and links or indexes to any of the same, that is ‘inaccurate’, ‘irrelevant’, ‘inadequate’ or ‘excessive,’ ”
- “and without replacing such removed … content with any disclaimer [or] takedown notice.”
- “ ‘[I]naccurate’, ‘irrelevant’, ‘inadequate’, or ‘excessive’ shall mean content,”
- “which after a significant lapse in time from its first publication,”
- “is no longer material to current public debate or discourse,”
- “especially when considered in light of the financial, reputational and/or demonstrable other harm that the information … is causing to the requester’s professional, financial, reputational or other interest,”
- “with the exception of content related to convicted felonies, legal matters relating to violence, or a matter that is of significant current public interest, and as to which the requester’s role with regard to the matter is central and substantial.”
Failure to comply with the courts decision would leave the author of the work or the search engine that hadn’t pulled the material liable to pay a fine of $250 a day.
The Washington Post’s Eugene Volokh (also of the Volokh Conspiracy) writes that newspapers, online books, and even online encyclopedia’s “would have to be censored whenever a judge and jury found (or the author expected them to find) that the speech was “no longer material to current public debate or discourse.”’
Can someone please inform the liberal activists who seem to be inventing new rights at ever increasing speed that this isn’t how “rights” work. “Rights” are a guarantee they cannot be either given nor taken away. “Rights” are granted by God and apply to all people, the problem is that some governments rule wickedly over their people so those people are unable to exercise their rights without risking life and limb.
Ironically though the legislators pushing this bill are seeking to invent one right by undermining another. For there to exist a “right to be forgotten,” then the (actual) “right to free speech” must be destroyed, and this bill does indeed destroy the right to free speech.
Republished with permission Constitution.com