By Greg Laurie
Fellow patriots, please listen to this short, inspiring message from General Flynn. General Michael Flynn exemplifies patriotism, courage, and love of God and country - despite some of his own countrymen relentlessly attacking him. Donations for his defense are greatly appreciated. If you can only give $5.00, please do so - every little bit helps. Thank you so much, and God bless. Letter from General Flynn.
And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.
So, you say you tried Christianity and it didn’t work for you?
My reply: Nonsense!
Let me ask you these questions:
1. After you were “converted,” did you begin to study and memorize Scripture? Psalm 119:11 (NKJV) says, “Your word have I hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You.” Paul exhorts us in 2 Timothy 2:15 (AMP), “Study and do your best to present yourself to God approved.”
2. Did you actively and regularly get involved in a church? Not sporadically, but on a regular basis. We should not forsake the assembling of ourselves together (see Hebrews 10:25 NKJV).
3. Did you get baptized? I’m not saying this is essential for salvation, but it is commanded in Scripture! “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized” (Acts 2:38 NKJV). Why would you not do what God has clearly commanded you to do?
4. Did you turn from all known sin? “If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear” (Psalm 66:18 NKJV).
5. Did you develop a prayer life? “Pray without ceasing . . . for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you” (1 Thessalonians 5:17–18 NKJV).
6. Did you deny yourself and take up the cross? Jesus said, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me” (Luke 9:23 NKJV).
7. Did you keep His commandments? “Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He who says, ‘I know Him,’ and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked”(1 John 2:3–6 NKJV).
If “it” didn’t work, it’s your own fault—because we’re not dealing with an “it” but a “Him.”
The Bible promises, “that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it” (Philippians 1:6 NKJV). Do you want your life to change? Jesus is saying to you, “Take your stand! Follow Me!”
“But I’ve tried and failed!” No, you haven’t. Jesus doesn’t work for some and not for others. He will change any person just as they are, immediately!
G. K. Chesterton said, “Christianity has not been tried and found wanting. It has been found difficult and not tried!”